POSITION FILLED - Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is a fast-paced, growing nonprofit organization.
Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is seeking a full-charge Accountant to be responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the financial records (general ledger) for foundation. This part-time position is a ‘hands-on’ position for someone with bookkeeping and accounting experience to maintain our accounting books using QuickBooks and to support accounting for the foundation’s operations. The full-charge Accountant will work in cooperation with Executive Director and with support from the Board Treasurer. This position will work 20 to 25 hours a week.
- General accounting (including but not limited to coding and posting invoices, preparing deposits, journal entries, scheduling depreciation of assets, monitoring cash expenditures from credit cards)
- Prepares and Issues checks for bills and employee reimbursements in an accurate and timely manner; ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized
- Complete monthly reconciliations for all general ledger accounts
- Reconciles bank accounts and provides reports to Executive Director and Board treasurer monthly
- Track restricted money through Fund Balance Account
- Prepares monthly financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends: Profit and Loss, Balance Sheet, Overdue Accounts, and others as needed
- Track non-cash (in-kind) donations on monthly reports
- Maintain the Accounts Payable and Receivable records and accounts
- Month and year end closing preparation to assist with yearly audit
- Exert care and control over assets and records and establish procedures for safeguarding of assets and records, including security and computer back-up
- Proactively maintains highly organized and systematic filing system, files invoices, payroll paperwork, reimbursements, insurance information and other financial records
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying requirements; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing reports; advising management on needed actions
- Assist in updating and maintaining financial policy and procedure documentation
- Help prepare annual budget with the Executive Director
- Performs special projects and additional duties as assigned by Executive Director
- Accounting degree (or an equivalent degree) with at least three (3) years accounting experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Nonprofit experience preferred
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Must possess a keen attention to detail and a commitment to high quality work
- Track record delivering superior results, commanding respect, and assuming leadership roles
- Success in roles requiring execution of multiple tasks while responding to multiple priorities
- Proficiency in multiple software, web-based systems including QuickBooks, Excel, PowerPoint and Salesforce
- Proven ability to work with efficiency, flexibility, and good humor
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people – junior and senior, for-profit, and nonprofit, and from diverse backgrounds
- Operates with excellence in mind in all matters, with the confidence to defend/debate ideas without ego interfering
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills are essential
- Passionate about the organization’s mission and impact
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in organizational settings
- Fully able to write and communicate in business setting with professionalism and accuracy
- Self-starter, self-disciplined and can work independently
- Remain focused in the face of pressure, delivers against timelines, not intimidated by tasks/time limitations
- Bilingual in Spanish required
- Must be fully vaccinated
Send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with Accountant in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS
About Maestro Cares Foundation
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders. To date, Maestro Cares Foundation has established 21 projects in 13 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Updated June 2021