Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is a fast-paced, growing nonprofit organization.
Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is seeking a talented Project Coordinator. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, outgoing, organized, attentive to details, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, able to work cross-functionally within an organization, and committed to advancing the mission of Maestro Cares Foundation. In this position you will be responsible to research new projects, while overseeing the current projects in constructions and checking in on completed projects. This position will also coordinate all volunteer related activities, help in fundraising and project related events. This Project Coordinator role is available as a full-time exempt position. This role is mid-level and will serve as the catalyst to launch a successful career in project management and event management for the right candidate.
This role is mid-level and will serve as the catalyst to launch a successful career in project management and event management for the right candidate.
PROJECT AND PROGRAM WORK
- Work with existing projects to get regular reports and updates.
- Identify new possible projects and programs for the organization to explore and consider.
- Conduct research on new programs and expansion in current areas, as needed, requested, and identified.
- Prepare analysis reports of information for new projects or programs.
- Present information to the Executive Director and others as directed.
- Interact with programs and program staff supported by Maestro Cares.
- Share information with Maestro Cares staff for marketing and communications purposes.
EVENT PLANNING AND ACTIVATION
- Assist with all fundraising events such as Galas, grand openings, cocktail receptions, etc.
- Plan and coordinate all on-site logistics and communications.
- Help make travel and transportation arrangements as necessary.
- Provide full support to the Events Committee to plan and manage the timeline and schedule for events and other projects including permitting, reporting, and budgeting.
- Assist with fundraising activities to support existing program operations.
- Create post-event reports including recaps, project evaluation, and overall project results.
OTHER DUTIES AND ASSIGNMENTS
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 years’ project or event coordination experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (weekends and evenings)
- Organizational, project planning and leadership skills
- Fully bilingual, written and spoken Spanish
- Good sense of humor especially when engaging with potential donors
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in various office applications
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and be open to new learning experiences
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Creativity, drive, enthusiasm, and initiative to carry projects to conclusion
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and internationally
- An understanding of and belief in, the mission of Maestro Cares Foundation
- Ability to learn Salesforce database management software
- Experience with organizing event activations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with a variety of volunteers, community leaders, board members, prospects, and donors
Send resume and cover letter one in English and one in Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org with Project Coordinator in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS
About Maestro Cares Foundation
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders. To date, Maestro Cares Foundation has established 21 projects in 13 countries.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Updated June 2021