Graphic Design Intern
TITLE: Graphics Design Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Development and Executive Director
Maestro Cares Foundation seeks a graphic design intern to join the team. This intern will provide visual media development and execution for branded promotional items including but not limited to: merchandise, website and social media graphics, postcards, programs, advertisements, handouts, brochures, flyers, posters, and signage. A passion for the elements of design needed for content layout with and without templates. This unpaid internship position offers an excellent opportunity for skills development and portfolio-building, along with networking. Interns will be asked to work a minimum of 12 hours/week.
- Work with Foundation staff to design solutions that meet or exceed strategic communications objectives.
- Collaborate with a team to create interactive design concepts.
- Provide quality assurance on creative deliverables, ensuring the Forum’s branded is represented as authentically as possible.
- Build and maintain a team rapport with entire multidisciplinary project team.
- Excellent graphic and web design skills, with a keen ability to translate a design proposal into an effective design.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign.
- An understanding of digital, mobile and social with past experience with social media tools and campaigns preferred.
- Knowledge of Latino community issues, or demonstrated ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly.
- Superior English-language writing skills are preferred; written/oral fluency in Spanish is recommended.
- Current students or recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Send resume, cover letter and references. Also – send ONE-PAGE ONLY writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish to email@example.com with Event Planning Administrative Intern in the subject line.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS
Maestro Cares NFP
The Maestro Cares Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting and creating healthy and safe environments for disadvantaged children throughout Latin America. Founded in 2012 by international pop icon, Marc Anthony and renowned entrepreneur, Henry Cárdenas the foundation has provided housing, classrooms, health clinics, dining, and recreational activities. Our mission is to help shape tomorrow’s leaders by instilling the confidence, enthusiasm and discipline necessary through our programs, guiding children to become hard working and socially conscious adults that can make a positive impact in the world through their own unique contributions.
The Foundation inaugurated its first project in April, 2014, an orphanage that is home to over 50 boys in the Dominican Republic. The Foundation’s second and third projects launched in April 2015, an orphanage and school in Barranquilla, Colombia and a collaboration on an innovative educational project in Peru. The Foundation completed its fourth project in Toluca, Mexico and will launch its fifth project in Ponce, Puerto Rico by the end of 2016. Other projects in the U.S., Bolivia and Central America are currently in the planning phases.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Updated January 17, 2017
Sorry, we couldn't find any posts. Please try a different search.