Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is seeking a talented grant writer. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, organized, attentive to details, able to work under pressure to meet deadlines, able to work cross-functionally within an organization, and committed to advancing the mission of Maestro Cares Foundation. The Maestro Cares Foundation internship program will provide interns with the opportunity to work on projects designed to provide a better understanding of the field of philanthropy and the work of an international children’s foundation. In this position you will be responsible to seek and identify appropriate grantors in addition to the submission and execution of the grant requests. They will develop and write grant proposals for submission to foundations, government agencies, and other funding organizations to support new and existing projects and programs. This Grant Writer role is available as a paid internship position that can lead into a permanent position within the organization.
- Research and identify potential grant funders
- Write and edit proposals for grant applications
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities. Adheres to grants calendar to ensure timely submission of letters of inquiry, proposals, and reports.
- Study and understand the history, structure, objectives, programs and financial needs of the organization
- Work with the Manager to create a database of potential grants and timelines for the grant writing process
- Assist in tracking the grants process by calendaring, maintaining files and other administrative tasks
- Retrieve and assemble background information for grant proposals
- Review funder websites printed application guidelines and determine appropriateness of potential funder
- Research and help write and review all grant proposals
- Evaluate grant writing strategy to adapt to the organization’s new strategic plan
- Other administrative tasks as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, creative writing or a related area (master’s degree preferred)
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- A minimum of two years’ experience in grant writing
- Excellent knowledge of proposal submission and fundraising process
- Ability to study and understand programs and funding requirements of the organization
- Multitasking, organizational and time management skills
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent ability to work well under deadlines
- Ability to manage projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to write clear, structured, and persuasive proposals
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office
- Must be fully vaccinated
- This is an in-office position, and candidate must be based in Chicago, IL. Schedule is flexible
Send resume, cover letter and references. email@example.com with Grant Writer in the subject line.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS.
About Maestro Cares Foundation
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders. To date, Maestro Cares Foundation has established 25 projects in 13 countries and territories.
Maestro Cares Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.