Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is a fast-paced, growing nonprofit organization.
About Maestro Cares Foundation
The Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders. To date, the Maestro Cares Foundation has established 24 projects in 13 countries including projects in Chicago, New York, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Chile, etc.
We are searching for an experienced fundraising manager with excellent leadership skills and networking abilities. The fundraising manager will be responsible for building good relationships with prospective donors and clients across multiple sectors, communicating with the broader public and internal teams, delegating tasks, and drawing up plans to ensure annual targets are met. You should be well organized, proactive, and can inspire those around you.
To be successful, a fundraising manager takes steps to ensure the organization is hitting its fundraising milestones, adhering to its budget, and identifying future fundraising opportunities that are critical for continued growth. A great fundraising manager should have an understanding and belief in the mission of Maestro Cares Foundation and possess sharp public speaking skills and be able to deliver presentations to a range of audiences. The Fundraising Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and will create and oversee the implementation of a strategic approach to fundraising which may include individual and major gifts, corporate donations, grant solicitation, and in-kind resources.
Fundraising Manager Responsibilities:
- Conducting research on fundraising opportunities.
- Developing and executing fundraising strategies, including but not limited to major donors, annual appeals, corporate grants and appeals, foundation grants, individual appeals, special events.
- Writing funding proposals and submitting these to potential donors.
- Coordinate individual donor solicitations.
- Fostering ongoing relationships with donors.
- Providing updates or checking in with regular or recurring supporters.
- Organizing and attending non-profit events and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- Planning and hosting fundraising events.
- Coming up with ingenious ways to raise awareness.
- Implementing a variety of marketing strategies and promotional campaigns.
- Establishing good relationships with staff, members of the public, and the media.
- Preparing quarterly budgets.
- Prepare and submit reports to funders.
- Assigning tasks and supervising the progress of staff members.
Fundraising Manager Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in PR, Fundraising, or any related field (preferably a master's degree).
- 3-5 years of fundraising experience.
- Previous experience in sales or marketing also acceptable
- Sound knowledge of the charity sector.
- Experience managing a team.
- Excellent written, verbal, and telephonic communication skills.
- Must be comfortable in contacting prospects and donors, (companies and individuals) using various media (phone calls, emails, letters, etc.).
- Must be comfortable with learning and accessing the donor management/database program - Salesforce.
- Highly organized with attention to detail, patience, and ability to work independently.
- Coordinate multiple, diverse projects, set realistic deadlines, and manage a timeline.
- Must be fully bi-lingual – Spanish/English.
- Must be willing and able to travel locally and regionally to conduct business. Occasional travel within the U.S. and abroad; travel – up to 20% (passport required).
Maestro Cares Foundation consultants are expected to be flexible and to take on additional duties as assigned, according to the organization’s needs and the consultant’s skills and abilities. Because we are a non-profit that serves the community, some events or projects may require an occasional night or weekend.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm)
MCF offers a competitive salary commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience and a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life, short- and long-term Disability insurance and matching 401(K) contributions. MCF is an EEO employer.
To apply, submit cover letter and writing sample, along with resume to: email@example.com with Fundraising Manager in the subject line.
All employees, interns, volunteers and/or consultants of the Maestro Cares Foundation must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, including a booster shot before starting employment.
MCF is an EEO employer
Maestro Cares Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Updated October 2022