TITLE: Event Planning and Administrative Intern
REPORTS TO: Senior Director of Development and Executive Director
Maestro Cares Foundation seeks an Event Planning and Administrative Intern to join the team. This intern will provide visual media development and execution for branded promotional items including but not limited to: merchandise, website and social media graphics, postcards, programs, advertisements, handouts, brochures, flyers, posters, and signage. A passion for the elements of design needed for content layout with and without templates. This unpaid internship position offers an excellent opportunity for skills development and portfolio-building, along with networking. Interns will be asked to work a minimum of 12 hours/week.
- Provide support to program staff on special projects and initiatives.
- Assist in event planning related tasks including but not limited to logistics (ordering materials, conducting follow up tasks, setting up for events, etc.)
- Assist with general office tasks (filing, copying, organizing digital photos, etc.) as needed.
- Update reports and program materials.
- Assist in volunteer outreach and recruitment for concerts and other organization related events.
- Assist in the organization and tracking of supplies and inventory for concert events.
- Data entry/database management.
- Take minutes and update reports for management as necessary.
- Initiate, coordinate and/or participate in all efforts to publicize event.
- Build and maintain a team rapport with entire multidisciplinary project team.
- Excellent Phone/communication skills.
- Comfortable using Microsoft products.
- Experience working with nonprofit foundations, Galas, event fundraising and/or event planning preferred.
- Knowledge of nonprofit community issues; or demonstrated ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly.
- Superior English-language writing skills are required; written/oral fluency in Spanish is recommended.
- Current students or recent college graduates are encouraged to apply.
Send resume, cover letter and references. Also – send ONE-PAGE ONLY writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org with Event Planning Administrative Intern in the subject line.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS
Maestro Cares NFP
The Maestro Cares Foundation is a nonprofit organization dedicated to assisting and creating healthy and safe environments for disadvantaged children throughout Latin America. Founded in 2012 by international pop icon, Marc Anthony and renowned entrepreneur, Henry Cárdenas the foundation has provided housing, classrooms, health clinics, dining, and recreational activities. Our mission is to help shape tomorrow’s leaders by instilling the confidence, enthusiasm and discipline necessary through our programs, guiding children to become hard working and socially conscious adults that can make a positive impact in the world through their own unique contributions.
The Foundation inaugurated its first project in April, 2014, an orphanage that is home to over 50 boys in the Dominican Republic. The Foundation’s second and third projects launched in April 2015, an orphanage and school in Barranquilla, Colombia and a collaboration on an innovative educational project in Peru. The Foundation completed its fourth project in Toluca, Mexico and will launch its fifth project in Ponce, Puerto Rico by the end of 2016. Other projects in the U.S., Bolivia and Central America are currently in the planning phases.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Updated January 17, 2017