POSITION TITLE: Development and Events Intern
REPORTS TO: Development Business Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: 12-15 hours per week
Maestro Cares Foundation seeks a part-time Development and Events Intern to assist the Development Department. The Development department exists to identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward individuals & companies interested in supporting Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF). The Development department also oversees all fundraising efforts and events for the foundation. The Development and Events Intern will provide support to fundraising events and to the overall Development department.
Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hardworking, and brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in the organization’s mission. While assisting with a wide range of projects. Interns will gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of development and fundraising, while also gaining a good understanding of a small nonprofit organization.
- Research alignment and giving capacity of prospective individual and institutional donors; write donor briefings to share research and inform donor strategy
- Assist with data input, cleanup, and analysis in Salesforce Database
- Create tracking spreadsheets and compile reports; Analyze data on key areas of MCF work to develop reports and dashboards
- Coordinate a variety of administrative activities related to non-profit philanthropy
- Assist in planning programming activities, schedule meetings, assist with event planning
- Research and prepare background for individuals, corporations, and possible sponsorship/grant applications
- Assist with gift acknowledgment, donor database (Salesforce) and filing of donations
- Support and attend special events and fundraising activities
- Draft and proofread professional correspondence
- Assist in sponsorships and in-kind requests (both written and verbal)
- Various other administrative tasks as necessary
- Pursuing an undergraduate/graduate degree
- Comfort and familiarity with event planning
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Dependable, reliable, honest & trustworthy
- Self-motivated, flexible team player with a positive attitude, demonstrate ability to multi-task and the ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities
- Comfort with soliciting/interacting with individuals & companies face-to-face, on the phone or via mail/email.
- Exceptional phone etiquette
- Research, writing, editing and proof-reading skills
- Demonstrate commitment to non-profit work
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word/Excel) applications, email and donor management system preferred
- Must be 18 years or older and authorized to work in the United States
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Fluency in Spanish, written and spoken (Preferred)
This internship opportunity will focus on the skills needed to be successful in non-profit business development, fundraising and events. Previous experience in Salesforce is preferred, but not necessary. Training will be provided to the right tech savvy individual with a willingness to learn!
Benefits of an internship at Maestro Cares Foundation include a great hands-on learning experience at a well-established International Children’s nonprofit organization and in Project Management. College credit is also available.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to:
Maestro Cares Foundation
Send to: [email protected]
Subject Line: Development Intern
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS. Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Organization
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders.