POSITION TITLE: Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Development Manager
TIME COMMITMENT: 12-15 hours per week
Maestro Cares Foundation seeks a part-time Communications Intern to assist the Development Manager in implementing organizational communications and marketing strategies. The Communications Intern will work independently and, in a team, to fulfill organizational goals and initiatives related to programming and events. Ideal candidates will be energetic, inventive, hardworking, social media and web-savvy, and brimming with ideas about creative ways to engage audiences in the organization’s mission. While assisting with a wide range of projects, interns will gain hands-on experience and training in many aspects of marketing and development, while also gaining a good understanding of a small nonprofit organization.
- Provide input for creative marketing strategies and social media campaigns
- Create online advertisements as needed
- Collaborate with staff on new ideas, directions, and tools for marketing and communications
- Assist in planning, writing and managing e-blasts and e-newsletters
- Update organization website using WordPress with current events, relevant news, etc.
- Design event/program fliers, graphics and other marketing material
- Assisting with communications related writing, editing and proofreading as needed
- With appropriate language skills, assisting with departmental and organizational written translations
- Monitor and research influencers, trending topics and tools.
- Event planning and coordination
- General administrative and communications support as assigned.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram etc.
- Previous internship or related experience in marketing or communications a plus
- Completed or working toward a college degree (junior level and up), preferably in a related field
- Must be computer literate (working knowledge of word processing, PowerPoint, Excel). Proficiency in Adobe InDesign and Photoshop highly desired.
- Knowledge of HTML, website content management and graphic design a plus
- Possess excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Genuine enthusiasm for creating compelling marketing materials to support Maestro Cares Foundations programming
- Self-starter, good time management, creative, with ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Ability to work well independently, and within a team
- Commitment to the continuous improvement of service quality and the organization’s mission
- Fluency in Spanish, written and spoken (Preferred)
Maestro Cares Foundation offers ongoing internships designed to expose qualified applicants to Communications (marketing, events and development work) and other aspects of the nonprofit industry. The internships are intended for those who are serious about pursuing their chosen path in communications, marketing and/or the nonprofit field. The acceptance process will be highly selective.
Benefits of an internship at Maestro Cares Foundation include a great hands-on learning experience at a well-established International Children’s nonprofit organization. College credit is also available.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to:
Maestro Cares Foundation
Send to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject Line: Communications Intern
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS. Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Organization
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders.