TITLE: Communications Intern
REPORTS TO: Development and Communications Specialist
Maestro Cares Foundation seeks a part-time marketing communications intern to assist with day-to-day marketing communications duties, with a special focus on social media updates and monitoring. Current students or recent college graduates are encouraged to apply. This unpaid internship position offers an excellent opportunity for skills development and portfolio-building, along with networking. Interns will be asked to work a minimum of 12 hours/week.
- Assist with social marketing outreach functions, including updates to and monitoring of Twitter and Facebook accounts; assistance with the development of a longer-term social marketing plan, including video applications.
- Regular monitoring of local and national print and online news sources, especially key columns and blogs for weekly issues-focused media report.
- Monitoring of news articles/online comment boards and blogs for negative, anti-Latino rhetoric.
- Assistance with the drafting of quarterly newsletters, bi-monthly media summary e-blasts, and e-blast newsletters to promote key organizational events.
- Assisting with communications-related writing, editing and proofreading as needed.
- With appropriate language skills, assisting with departmental and organizational written translations.
- Build and maintain a team rapport with entire multidisciplinary project team.
- Previous work and/or internship experience in the areas of journalism, marketing, communications, public relations, or a related field.
- Knowledge of Latino/nonprofit community issues, or demonstrated ability to learn and synthesize new information quickly.
- Superior English-language writing skills are required; written/oral fluency in Spanish is recommended.
- Past experience with social media tools and campaigns preferred.
Send resume, cover letter and references. Also – send ONE-PAGE ONLY writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Intern in the subject line.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS