Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is a fast-paced, growing nonprofit organization.
About Maestro Cares Foundation
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders. To date, Maestro Cares Foundation has established 24 projects in 13 countries including projects in Chicago, New York, Puerto Rico, Colombia, Chile, etc.
Our expanding organization seeks to hire a full-time Operations Manager (OM) to join the Maestro Cares Foundation team. The OM will be a key part of the organization and will help to implement the vision of the Executive Director and Leadership Team, as directed by the Board of Directors. The OM will oversee the day-to-day operations of the organization, including management of the office, human resources, record and inventory management, analysis and organizational processes to improve quality, productivity and efficiency within the organization. S/he will manage key projects for the leadership team under the direct supervision of the Executive Director.
- Help manage recruitment, hiring, orientation of employees, consultants and interns.
- Oversee office management; liaison to building maintenance staff; IT and phone support.
- As directed, help to develop, implement and review operational policies and procedures.
- Coordinate scheduling, logistics, materials, set-up, and follow-up for internal and external meetings.
- Ensure all legal and regulatory documents are filed and monitor compliance thereof with assistance from the Accountant.
- Help promote an organizational culture that encourages top performance and high morale.
- Update and manage Salesforce as well as train new employees on Salesforce.
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting of gifts including pledges, stock, events and in-kind into our salesforce datebase.
- Oversee the administrative staff and make sure that the office runs smoothly.
- Greets visitors, answers incoming calls, handles incoming and outgoing mail.
- Responsible for general email inbox/inquiries to ensure timely responses and follow up by appropriate staff, as needed.
- Supports the Executive Director with operationalizing internal meetings to include: scheduling, creating agendas, and minute taking.
- Manages the internal global office calendar.
- Work with accountant to collect monthly financial reports and create additional reports as needed for grants, projects and Board meetings.
- Develop and implement operational procedures and systems and manage budgets and financial reports.
- Working with ED, help prepare materials for Board Meetings and act as staff liaison to relevant board committees.
- Lead administrative aspects of individual giving, corporate giving and grant management including donor research, data management, donor communications, preproposal and grant application development, tracking and reporting.
- Assist in Scholarship program growth and management.
- Assist with special events logisitics as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Maestro Cares Foundation employees are expected to be flexible and to take on additional duties as assigned, according to the organization’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities. Because we are a non-profit that serves the community, some events or projects may require an occasional night or weekend.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in a related area and +2 years professional experience in a non-profit/related position.
- Demonstrated experience in organizational/resource development, personnel management, and financial/budget administration.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; Quickbooks; data analysis and IT management, a plus.
- Highly organized with attention to detail; patience; ability to work independently and coordinate multiple, diverse projects, set realistic deadlines, and manage a timeline.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong commitment to the mission and communities we serve.
- Knowledge of fundraising management, special events planning, and management preferred.
- Spanish/English Highly preferred.
- Proficiency in fundraising database platforms, preferably Salesforce.
- Must be willing and able to travel locally and regionally to conduct business, and occasional travel within the U.S. and abroad; travel – up to 10% (passport required).
- Ability to handle some flexible hours (some evenings/weekends).
- Able to think quickly and effectively manage day-to-day projects and tasks; prioritize assignments. A successful track record in setting priorities with organization and problem solving skills that enable sound decision-making.
- A self-starter able to operate both independently and collaboratively, balancing independent judgement and decision making with seeking clarification, collaboration and following existing processes when needed and available.
Schedule: Monday to Friday (9am to 5pm) NO HYBRID
MCF offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life, short- and long-term Disability insurance and matching 401(K) contributions. MCF is an EEO employer.
All in-person employees of the Maestro Cares Foundation must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, including a booster shot.
Salary and Application details:
MCF offers a competitive salary commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience.
Must submit cover letter and writing sample, along with resume, to be considered as an applicant. Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Operations Manager in the subject line. NO PHONE CALLS.
Maestro Cares Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Updated April 2023