Administrative & Events Coordinator
Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is a fast-paced, growing nonprofit organization. The ideal candidate for the Administrative & Events Coordinator role will be a personable, creative, detailed-oriented, experienced professional who works independently and accurately handling a variety of tasks while simultaneously meeting deadlines. An ability to “hit the ground running” and adapt to changing circumstances are essential.
This position reports to the Executive Director and Operations Manager performing a wide range of complex administrative duties including scheduling, writing, editing, coordinating information, organizing files, and communicating pertinent information to the proper individuals.
- Work daily with the Operations Manager to achieve the goals of the organization.
- Schedule meetings.
- Develop and create various materials in preparation for scheduled meetings as needed.
- Read and determine disposition of incoming mail, email, compose correspondence for routine inquiries.
- Maintain Executive Director’s calendar and schedule.
- Facilitate smooth communication efforts between the Executive Director and staff.
- Assist in the organization and development of Board Meetings.
- Draft and edit correspondence, some client communications, and memos for supervisor's signature; utilize Word to format and generate various materials including correspondence, memos, extensive PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Prepare letters and packages for mailing; coordinate shipment by FedEx or courier; deliver mail to post office.
- Organize and maintain files and records.
- Receive and handle incoming phone calls by providing information, taking messages, scheduling meetings, and screening requests, or referring calls to the appropriate person.
- Ability to prioritize work according to tasks outstanding, challenges, resources, and deadlines.
- Assist in preparation and planning of other in-house and off-site foundation meeting and special events.
- Assist with all fundraising events such as Galas, grand openings, cocktail receptions, etc.
- Plan and coordinate all on-site logistics and communications.
- Help make travel and transportation arrangements as necessary.
- Plan and manage the timeline and schedule for events and other projects including permitting, reporting, and budgeting.
- Utilize Salesforce to track information including interaction with donors, prospects, requests for information, etc.
- 3-5 + years’ experience serving as an assistant, administrative experience required
- Experience within a fundraising/development office or nonprofit organization preferred
- Demonstrated experience performing similar job functions
- Strong computer skills required and high proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- High level of written and verbal communication skills
- Must be fully bi-lingual – Spanish/English
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and independently with limited supervision
- Knowledge of general office procedures, concepts, and practices
- Strong time management and organizational skills; ability to meet tight deadlines and handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to assimilate, distill and communicate large amounts of information to/from internal and external sources
- Strong writing skills and experience drafting executive level correspondence
- Able to handle and maintain confidential information
- Able to work independently under pressure with attention to detail
- Able to work collaboratively in a small, fast-paced office environment
- A positive attitude, sense of humor, strong work ethic and enjoys being customer service focused
- Professional appearance and manner
- A collaborative and professional team spirit; team player
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (Communication, Marketing, Organizational Design, Nonprofit Management)
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat or similar computer program
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license as well as a valid passport
- Experience working with Salesforce: Data Entry, Running Reports, Generating Campaigns
- Experience working with Board of Directors
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with a variety of volunteers, community leaders, board members, prospects, and donors
Maestro Cares Foundation employees are expected to be flexible and to take on additional duties as assigned, according to the organization’s needs and the staff member’s skills and abilities. Because we are a non-profit that serves the community, some events or projects may require an occasional night or weekend.
Type: Full-time On-Site
This is an in-office position, and candidate must be based in Chicago, IL.
Schedule: Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm or 10am to 6pm
MCF offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision insurance, life, short- and long-term disability insurance and matching 401(K) contributions.
All in-person employees of the Maestro Cares Foundation must show proof of Covid-19 vaccination, including a booster shot.
Salary and Application details
MCF offers a competitive salary commensurate with the applicant’s skills and experience.
Must submit a cover letter and resume to be considered as an applicant.
Email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org with Administrative & Events Coordinator in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Maestro Cares Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Updated January 2023