POSITION TITLE: Communications Specialist
REPORTS TO: Business Development Manager
The Communications Specialist reflects the mission, vision, and values of Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF), adheres to the foundations and brand identity, and is responsible for developing and executing MCF's communications efforts with the goal of increasing visibility, engagement, and website and social media traffic.
The Communications Specialist is responsible for supporting the Development Manager and other Graphics Department team members in overseeing the copy and execution of marketing collateral, email marketing campaigns, online event listings, blog pages, and other print media on the foundation's behalf. We are seeking an individual who is a proactive problem solver, a strategic thinker, and highly communicative with superior writing and editing skills. This is a part-time position that will work between 20-30 hours per week. This role can lead to a full-time role within the foundation.
- This communications role will assist in developing copy for all Graphics Department projects, and managing content in a variety of platforms
- Contributes to planning, execution and delivery of tactics necessary to launch comprehensive communications campaigns
- Acts as the team’s content developer
- Authors and edits letters, email blasts, social media posts, and other communications, and oversees design elements
- Creates timelines for each project and campaign and manages them to ensure delivery
- Proofs all materials and obtains appropriate approvals
- Create and develop bilingual content and manage the distribution of electronic collateral materials
- Adhere to the organization and program branding guidelines, copyrights, trademarks, and licensing
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time including pulling and providing analytics on social media activity and engagement
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism or related field
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in communications, marketing, and project management
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills, including proficiency in copywriting, proofreading required
- Excellent project management skills
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications
- Highly motivated and proactive, with a “can-do” attitude
- Demonstrated social media experience, including writing, editing and publishing content for specific audiences (internships count towards years of experience)
- Basic experience with Adobe’s Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
- Creative eye for engaging and aesthetically pleasing content
- Excellent attitude and interpersonal & networking skills – able to communicate with those people you do not know.
- Firm grasp of social media tools and platforms including Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Twitter, LinkedIn, Tik Tok, and others
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, including copywriting, newsletters, and blog posts
- Must be fully vaccinated
- This is an in-office position, and candidate must be based in Chicago, IL. Schedule is flexible
Send resume, cover letter and references to firstname.lastname@example.org with Communications Specialist in the subject line.
Resumes will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email. NO PHONE CALLS.
About Maestro Cares Foundation
Maestro Cares Foundation improves the quality of life of disadvantaged children and communities in Latin America and the United States. We do so by providing housing, educational programming and the essential resources to support their growth and development. Through our efforts, we’re strengthening communities and helping children become tomorrow’s leaders. To date, Maestro Cares Foundation has established 25 projects in 13 countries.
Maestro Cares Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Updated March 2022