Maestro Cares Foundation is seeking a social media strategist.
This work will be available on a contract basis for 20-24 hours per week.
The Social Media Strategist will work with and report to the Executive Director and will be responsible for generating donor and program-related content and materials, managing website content, and outlining an overall social media strategy for Maestro Cares Foundation. The social media communication strategy will have a focus on engaging not only promoting the organization but also appealing to new and recurring supporters while raising the visibility of the organization in the business, nonprofit/civic, government circles as well as the overall public.
- Work closely with the Development Manager on the development of a communications plan that integrates well with overall development, program and outreach strategy; plan should incorporate a range of strategies including working to create on social media annual appeals, engagement with major donors, and project-driven fundraising as well as corporate and individual appeals, and promotion of special events
- Serve as Managing Editor for select publications; primary tasks include content development, writing, editing and fact-checking
- Create and develop bilingual content and manage the distribution of electronic collateral materials as well as maintenance of the Maestro Cares Foundation’s website
- Adhere to the organization and program branding guidelines, copyrights, trademarks and licensing,
- Work to develop social media strategies that leverage editorial content across a variety of channels as well as drive reader engagement resulting in an increased number of donors and constituents
- Coordinate webpage maintenance—ensure that new and consistent information (article links, stories, and events) is posted regularly
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time including pulling and providing analytics on social media activity and engagement
- Provide monthly and at times weekly reports to the Executive Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, Marketing or Liberal Arts
- Must be fully bi-lingual – Spanish/English; written, verbal, reading.
- 3-5 year’s related work-experience
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills in English and Spanish, including copywriting, newsletters and blog posts
- Experience developing and/or implementing communications strategies. Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube and website management
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills– must be able to write/edit/proofread
- Experience with website platforms and email distribution tools
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as a collaborative integral member of the team
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office applications; ability/desire to learn other software programs as needed
- Working knowledge of Salesforce, Microsoft Office 365, MailChimp, SurveyMonkey, and other data gathering services preferred
Send resume, cover letter. Also – send ONE-PAGE ONLY writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish. firstname.lastname@example.org with Social Media Strategist in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS.
Equal Opportunity Employer