The Relationship Development Associate reports directly to the Executive Director with a dotted line to the Chairman of the Board of Directors. The person in this role will identify and engage potential partners, collaborators and investors with the intent to generate revenue for the foundation. This position requires in–person engagement as well as domestic and international travel. This is a full-time, exempt position.
• Work closely with the Executive Director serving as a Maestro Cares Foundation liaison identifying potential donors and cultivating global relationships.
• Identify new domestic and international revenue generating opportunities.
• Be outward facing, revenue result-oriented, high energy and inspiring; fully supporting the Maestro Cares Foundation mission.
• Deepen organizational capacity working collaboratively with current and potential partners.
• Steadily engage organizations, businesses, foundations, community leaders, and individuals educating them on the foundation work ensuing revenue outcomes.
• Domestically and internationally represent and promote Maestro Cares Foundation to donors while maximizing public awareness of fundraising initiatives.
• Create a financial strategy to identify new revenue in addition to broadening existing revenue sources within the foundation.
• Submit quarterly revenue reports to Executive Director and Chairman of the Board reflecting revenue generated.
• Develop and coordinate long-range strategic plans to build strong partnerships and drive futureengagement and revenue.
• Identify new potential financial donors for future projects in addition to marketing Maestro Cares Foundation.
• Develop best practices for the foundation’s relationship cultivation, sales and marketing.
• Provide organizational leadership in the areas of relationship cultivation resulting in financial support to the foundation while aligning with the Maestro Cares Foundation mission, vision and goals.
• Plan and execute effective marketing and strategic communication initiatives and projects that result in building the foundation’s revenue, brand and relationships.
• Cultivate and steward year-round relationships with new and existing organizations, decision-makers, senior leadership and potential financial donors.
• Identify and establish a professional working relationship with potential international and national business prospects as well as other stakeholders to collaborate on Maestro Cares Foundation projects by developing an understanding of their unique business needs and how it relates to Maestro Cares Foundation work.
• Prepare pre-analysis of information for new projects and/or programs followed by post-analysis report to be presented to Executive Director and Chairman of the Board.
• Support and attend all organizational events as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in fields related to marketing, sales, negotiations and/or communications required.
• Minimum of 5 years previous work experience in fundraising and sales, with increasing responsibility and proven track record of success.
• Must be fully bi-lingual – Spanish/English; written, verbal, reading.
• Must be willing and able to travel locally and regionally to conduct business, and occasional travel within the U.S. and abroad; travel – up to 50% (active passport required)
• Knowledge on current marketing and communications propensities.
• Must have strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to prioritize in a changing environment.
• Proficiency in fundraising database platforms, preferably Salesforce.
• Demonstrated ability to close deals.
• Excellent written/verbal communication skills in both English and Spanish.
• Active listener with ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with diverse audiences.
• Ability to handle some flexible hours (some evenings/weekends).
• Exceptional interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and as an integral member of the team.
• Strong knowledge Microsoft Office applications.