Maestro Cares (MC) is looking for a proactive, versatile, energetic and hands-on full-time Events Specialist to join the Foundation team. The successful candidate must be organized and energetic individual who will develop, manage, and implement marketing and publicity events to promote and seek donations for Maestro Cares programs. This position will also coordinate and manage all volunteer related activities and provide administrative support as necessary. This Events Specialist role is available as a full time exempt position.
The Events Specialist reports to the Executive Director. In this role, the Events Specialist is responsible for concert revenue strategy and program.
This role is mid-level and will serve as the catalyst to launch a successful career in global nonprofit fundraising and relationship management for the right candidate.
EVENT PLANNING AND ACTIVATION
- Primary responsibility is to manage and staff fundraising booth at all fundraising and publicity events.
- Plan and coordinate all off-site logistics and communication.
- Make travel and transportation arrangements as necessary.
- Ability to prioritize work according to tasks outstanding, challenges, resources and deadlines.
- Lead the staff/volunteers to perform the work of the project/activation as planned, develop a detailed plan to monitor and track progress, and teach the new volunteers how to work within a changing environment.
- Create post-event reports including recaps, project evaluation, and overall project results.
- Assist in preparation and planning of other in-house and off-site foundation meetings and special events.
- Processes donations, manages transactions, and reconciles financial information related to event.
- Tracks and reports on volunteer hours and reports on expenses on a weekly basis.
VOLUNTEER RECRUITMENT AND TRAINING
- Devise and implement volunteer recruitment/screening strategies and procedures.
- Develop and conduct training for volunteers.
- Manage volunteers.
- Assign tasks and direct to appropriate personnel and respond to inquiries from volunteers and other organizations.
- Publicize volunteer opportunities and represent MC in the local community.
- Stay abreast of new volunteer opportunities or partnerships,
VOLUNTEER EVALUATION, RETENTION AND STAFFING
- Annually and on an as needed basis, evaluate the volunteers.
- Develop programs to retain the volunteers.
- Secure volunteers for staffing roles
OTHER DUTIES AND ASSIGMENTS
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2-5 years’ experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of social media tools: Facebook, Twitter, website management
- Ability and willingness to work flexible hours (weekends and evenings)
- Organizational, project planning and leadership skills
- Fully bilingual, written and spoken Spanish
- Attention to detail
- Good sense of humor especially when engaging with potential donors
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency in various office applications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Fully bilingual (Spanish/English)
- Knowledge of event management, processes and available resources including social marketing and web-based strategies
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and be open to new learning experiences
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a team
- Creativity, drive, enthusiasm and initiative to carry projects to conclusion
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office applications
- Ability and willingness to travel both domestically and often internationally
- Ability to learn Salesforce database management software required
- Experience with organizing event activations
- Exceptional interpersonal skills: ability to interact effectively with a variety of volunteers, community leaders, board members, prospects and donors
- An understanding of and belief in, the mission of Maestro Cares Foundation
MCF offers a competitive salary commensurate with applicant’s skills and experience. The successful candidate will be hired on a contract basis and become a MCF employee pending a 3-month review.
Send resume, cover letter and references. Also – send ONE-PAGE ONLY writing samples – one in English and one in Spanish to firstname.lastname@example.org with Events Specialist in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS