Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF) is an international foundation that seeks to improve the lives of children around the world. In January 2012, international pop superstar Marc Anthony and entrepreneur Henry Cárdenas announced the creation of the Maestro Cares Foundation (MCF), a non-profit organization established to benefit homeless and neglected children in developing Latin American countries. Maestro Cares seeks to offer assistance to these children while supporting social services and other development programs. Our headquarters are located in Chicago, IL.
The Maestro Cares Team is seeking a Development Intern to support its Director of Development. This is an excellent opportunity for an individual with a keen interest in Business, Development/fundraising and non-profit organizations. While the primary focus of this role is supporting the Director of Development, the chosen candidate will also participate in staff meetings, organizational events, and other learning opportunities at the Director’s discretion.
- Support the Director of Development and Director of Operations in day-to-day activities including composing correspondence, handling logistics, and preparing materials for external activities and meetings;
- Assist with updating and maintaining foundation, corporation and individual donor database files and learning complex reporting functions in Salesforce
- Conduct new donor research projects as directed
- Communicate with donors (thank-you calls, correspondence)
- Manage specific projects and provide general support related to meeting preparations
- Other duties as needed, assigned or directed to complete
- Enter and record donation, donor information and track relationships in Salesforce constituent relationship management system as needed.
- Assist in the segmentation and analysis of donor data; generate reports and presentations
- Assist in the develop fundraising marketing materials and specialized donor-driven content
- Currently enrolled in 4-year accredited college or university; Business major preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to present oneself professionally among a variety of stakeholders (peers, leadership, potential clients, etc.)
- Solid knowledge and demonstrated use of MS Suite, and comfort with databases (Salesforce experience a plus); advanced level of computer literacy; strong capabilities with all social media
- High level of emotional intelligence
A limited number of stipends are available to cover transportation costs. To apply, send a resume, cover letter and one-page writing sample (preferably a press release or relevant document) to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letter will not be reviewed. Maestro Cares Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Please indicate preferred start date and availability in your email.